We are a small, rural, co-educational, 11-18 all ability secondary school. Building on our success in 2015 we are proud that our students achieved their best ever GCSE and A level results this summer. We pride ourselves on a family atmosphere where learning is personalised. The high quality of teaching and pastoral care helps to ensure students make excellent progress, live up to our high expectations and achieve their full potential.
We have an outstanding, award winning farm, supported by the local farming community. As part of the learning experience at The High Weald Academy there is an extensive range of exciting enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
Following the investment of £1.2M and opening of our sports hall last year we have now been successful in our bid to Priority Schools that will see the redevelopment and rebuilding of the whole site over the next few years. These are exciting times!
Come and experience The High Weald Academy at any of our open sessions below. A warm welcome awaits!
Feedback from our visitors to our open events this year include:
- Nice to see happy students and work for prospective students to try. Very impressed with all students.
- Teachers were nice and I liked the sports hall.
- Very happy pupils, very well-guided around.
- Very impressed, all classes seemed to be very settled. Looking forward to coming here.
- Good to see the improvements the school has made over the last 18 months or so.
- The new building looks like it will be a huge asset to the school. All the students we met during the tour were very polite and well spoken and eager to talk about the school positively.
- Lovely tour - great guide.
- Lovely pupils, lovely staff. We enjoyed the science experiments, the sports hall and the farm.
Last Open Morning Session - Friday 20 October
All morning sessions above start at 9.45am for a 10.00am tour. Tours last approximately one hour. To register your interest please contact the school using the online enquiry form.
Tours during the school day on other days are available by appointment only, please contact the school using the online enquiry form.