School-Centred Teacher Training
About The Brook Learning Trust Teacher Training Scheme
The Brook Learning Trust training scheme, in collaboration with its partner schools, is designed to provide strong subject knowledge, the finest strategies for behaviour management and equip trainee teachers with effective teaching strategies. We provide flexibility for our trainees, offering either Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or a full PGCE, underwritten by the University of Brighton.
The Brook Learning Trust prides itself on recruiting the top tier of candidates through a comprehensive selection process. We look for candidates that are academically excellent, ideally with a 2.1 degree, and those that have volunteered and worked with young people, ideally in an educational setting.
As well as a sound knowledge of your chosen subject you will need to be able to engage an audience and speak with confidence and clarity. You will need to be both resilient and self-reflective and most importantly, you will understand the commitment involved in a successful career in teaching. One of our recent newly qualified teachers said:
“I have been identified earlier than I expected as a teacher with leadership potential and given opportunities to develop these qualities in my subject area”.
5 reasons to train with The Brook Learning Trust:
- Our course offers BOTH PGCE and QTS for successful applicants as our programme is underwritten by Brighton University- an Outstanding Provider
- We offer 60 credits towards Masters for those successfully completing the course
- We have an extensive and successful track record in ITT, many of our trainees have gone on to secure permanent positions within the Trust, many have taken on leadership roles
- We are a small multi- academy chain and will offer a tailored, bespoke programme according to individual need
- We work collaboratively with 12 partner schools, all of whom contribute to the facilitation of our outstanding professional studies programme.
For more information about the School-Centred Initial Teacher Training programme from The Brook Learning Trust, download the latest brochure below or visit the dedicated website: www.bltscitt.org.uk