We are a small, rural, co-educational, 11-18 all ability secondary school. We pride ourselves on a family atmosphere where learning is personalised. The high quality of teaching and pastoral care helps to ensure students make excellent progress, live up to our high expectations and achieve their full potential.
We have an outstanding, award winning farm, supported by the local farming community. As part of the learning experience at The High Weald Academy there is an extensive range of exciting extra-curricular activities.
Following the investment of £1.2m and opening of our new sports hall, we have now been successful in our bid to Priority Schools that will see the redevelopment and rebuilding of the whole site over the next 18 months (see the latest progress here). These are exciting times!
If you are considering your options for a secondary school place in September 2019, we would like to invite you to one of our upcoming open events. To book your place at any of our upcoming open events, please use the online booking form.
Open Morning 2018
- Tuesday 25 September, 9.00am to 12.30pm
Principal’s talk at 9.30am plus guided tours of the school.
Open Evenings 2018
- Thursday 21 June, 6.00pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 25 September, 4.00pm to 6.30pm
Principal’s talk at 4.15pm and 6.00pm. Tours of the school available.
Open Morning Sessions:
- Thursday 27 September
- Tuesday 2 October
- Thursday 11 October
- Tuesday 16 October
All open morning sessions start at 9.45am for a 10.00am tour. Tours last approximately one hour. Other times are available by appointment only.
Feedback from our visitors to our open events last year include:
- "Nice to see happy students and work for prospective students to try. Very impressed with all students."
- "Very impressed, all classes seemed to be very settled. Looking forward to coming here."
- "Good to see the improvements the school has made over the last 18 months or so."
- "The new building looks like it will be a huge asset to the school. All the students we met during the tour were very polite and well spoken and eager to talk about the school positively."
- "Lovely pupils, lovely staff. We enjoyed the science experiments, the sports hall and the farm."
Our admission arrangements can be found below. Please contact Mrs Daphne Batehup on 01580 712754 should you have any questions or require any further information.