The academy believes that regular attendance is essential if students are to do well. Research has identified a clear link between excellent attendance and a student’s overall progress and attainment, and is the reason why we will continue to maintain high expectations around attendance for all our students.
All students must make every effort to attend the Academy every day. However we accept that sometimes a student may become ill or have another genuine reasons for absence. Therefore we aim to ensure that no students’ attendance falls below 97%. If you are absent the Academy must be notified on the first day. Please note that the Academy will not authorise holidays taken during term times.
Key Attendance Points
- All students should be in the Academy for 8.35am and attend tutor time each day.
- If your child is absent from the Academy you should telephone or make contact with the Attendance Officer – Mrs Sturmer, as early as possible with a reason.
- The Academy has the right to request medical evidence as proof of illness / appointments. If requested and you are unable to produce these, absences may be unauthorised and a fine may be issued.
- No holidays will be authorised unless in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Head of School. All requests for such absences must be made to the Head of School in writing. Fines will be issued for all unauthorised holidays.
- Whilst we recognise that it is not always possible, please try to ensure that all medical and dental appointments are made so that they take place outside normal school hours.
If your son or daughter is unable to attend school please let us know as soon as possible as all unexplained absence will be followed up by a call from the academy.
If you wish to speak with the Attendance Officer, telephone the academy on 01580 712754 and follow the menu option for attendance. Alternatively you can email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online enquiry form to send a message (please select to forward your message to the Attendance Officer).