Online Safety at The High Weald Academy: Keeping your child safe
This section of our website is to provide links or direct access to a range of resources to support students, parents and staff. Like all schools, we have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all those involved at The High Weald Academy. Schools must take responsibility for supporting and educating the whole school community in order to maintain a safe e-learning environment for all.
At The High Weald Academy:
- We take the responsibility of maintaining a safe e-learning environment for all very seriously and recognise the significance of all forms of safeguarding
- Governors, Staff and students are working to support and educate the whole school community in safer online behaviour both in and out of school.
- Individuals are unaware that activities like bullying that they would not carry out in the real world should not be carried out online.
- Information and images they would not share with others in the real world should not be shared online.
- Personal digital devices should not be used to take or share recorded conversations, pictures or videos of others without their expressed permission or in any manner not covered under the Bring Your Own Device Policy.
There are a wide range of resources available for parents and we have included some of these below. Please click on the logos to be taken to the relevant websites.