This common consent form has been designed for use by parents and carers of students under 16s, and students over 16.
For students younger than 16 years - this form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian.
Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to enrol - we require the completion of this form even if you do not wish to provide consent – there is a tick box at the end of this page where this applies.
Students over 16 can complete this form themselves, having discussed participation with their parent / guardian if under 18.
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented.
2. In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
3. I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test.
4. I consent that my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
5. I understand that if my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school except where they are a close contact of a confirmed positive case.
6. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing, which shall be sent the same day to an NHS Test & Trace laboratory.
7. I consent that my child will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
8. I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the school immediately and I understand that my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
9. I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but my child has tested negative, they will continue to attend school but will be tested every day at school for 7 days.
Please provide the details requested below: