Sixth Form Open Evening: 10 November 2016
Visit our upcoming Open Evening to find out about a new curriculum and a new offer – exciting times for the High Weald Academy Sixth Form!
Following on from the huge successes of our vocational courses, The High Weald Academy is now part of a Kent wide exciting project working with the International Baccalaureate Organisation to become an IB World School. We will then launch the IB Careers Programme as the principle offer for our Sixth Form. This will bring:
- A highly acclaimed new qualification available to all students.
- Significant UCAS points for students who want to go to university.
- Direct links to employability and work skills to enable students to go for higher level apprenticeships or secure steps into the career of their choice.
- The support to allow students to develop their personal, professional and study skills.
- BTEC and Diploma qualifications which are wrapped around a core programme of work related skills.
- The possibility of studying A levels in partnership with Cranbrook School.
The Sixth Form at High Weald Academy is small and allows us to personalise learning. There are a wide range of leadership opportunities and a chance to really shine and be part of developing and improving our academy.
These are just a few reasons to explore High Weald Academy as your school of choice for the sixth form. We are a tight knit and successful family supported by dedicated staff, excellent pastoral care and guidance and high quality teaching and learning.
Come and find out for yourself. We are also happy to arrange individual tours and visits (please click here to contact the school using the online enquiry form) and will be running taster sessions before the end of term.